Before You Request that Dissertation in ILLiad. . .

Way to Akiba secret area
By Stéfan Le Dû from Nantes, France [CC BY-SA 2.0 (, via Wikimedia Commons

Lately, we have been getting numerous requests through interlibrary loan for dissertations, and we have been cancelling the requests since we do have access to them in the ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global database. Don’t get me wrong. We love our Discover! search feature. It covers about 95% of the databases that we subscribe to in a single search, but what falls in the other 5%? Well, access to full text of dissertations is part of the uncovered material, so before you click on that Request through interlibrary loan option, take one more step.

When you see this dissertation it’s time to perform one more search.
Just follow the instructions for “How do I obtain a copy of a thesis/dissertation online through the Leatherby Libraries?

We want you to have the fastest access to the information you need. If you need any assistance with locating a thesis or dissertation, just contact your Brandman library staff. We’re here to help.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s